Tuesday, August 08, 2006

to Aigle

May 9th

The lakeside views thrilled me, even in my severely drowsy state. Clouds and mist hung heavy in the air, but I could still see the deep background of the mountains and the deep color of the lake.

This pretty girl just walked up to the stop. I waited a second. Something about her smacks of N.America. Maybe I’m way off. However, I see that her backpack says REI which is from Nashville so I’m thinking she is from the U.S. Today is the 9th of May, the Start of the Term. I did the ‘Bonjour’ test to see what her accent was like and her response was not flat like some other girls from the U.S. who I have encountered. Anyway, I’m going to go chat.

The chat went well and we had a great relationship throughout the term I think she fairly early into the term which was unfortunate. She reminds me of a girl from this cheesy Christian Japanime that I saw years ago. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. However, I said “reminds” it’s not like she has eyes the size of pitas.

Chalet Bellevue at L’Abri is homey and very, very old. Mama Kay introduces us to Bellevue and the guidelines (one crazy one being 2 showers a week). Several other people arrive including another Ben, who is studying to become a doctor and who would later become the second founder of Team Ben. Another person who I immediately clicked with was a girl who shared the exact last name as mine! Both of us had never known anyone else with the same last name. She is dramatic and fun. I feel that we really clicked and I will not forget out times together.

No comments: