Friday, August 18, 2006

chili cheese lesbianism

May 30th

I am sprawled out on the floor of the Chapel. I think it’s been a few days since I’ve written. Bless YOU! I replied in a whisper voice. Swiss French voices travel through the wall of the chapel as some people walk by the Chapel. Yesterday’s work afternoon involved some wood and rubble moving. It was Tim, Henning, Dannny and I. Danny seems like someone who is very comfortable with who he is as a “helper” (work title) and as a person. If I had longer hair I would aspire towards Danny’s. It goes down to his shoulders, but it’s got wave and volume. This tea that I’m sipping is making me hungrier.
I am happy for them, but part of it is some jealousy, not for their situation but more about their relationship. However, I think I’m in a good place right now though. I’m not working, I don’t have to worry about school, I can read anything I want, we play games, and we talk about serious issues. I’m learning more about Christianity and spirituality and oh yeah, I’m in the mountains! I’m trying to see how long I can go without washing my hair. Unfortunely, it’s come with ramifications. I have a few zits on the side of my face where the hair sits or lays sometimes. What am I talking about? Hair doesn’t sit. Dinner was awesome. We had chili with cheese, chips, cornbread, and a salad, very awesome.
I volunteered for dishes and the other guys who volunteered already started washing. I walked in and almost dropped an f bomb when I walked in to see them topless, wearing girlie aprons. It was really funny and it caught me off guard. The evening consisted of an elaborately drawn out game of movie charades. It was really funny at one point when Alana helped Josh act out Wayne’s World. She just walked up and put her hair behind her ears. Marnie guessed it immediately. The evening ended with a conversation with Jess. and Field about lesbians over the last three cigarettes that Jess. had.

No comments: