Tuesday, August 08, 2006

First Impressions

May 5th

Another thing that was strange to me was hearing black people speaking in swiss-french, that was wild. I of course expected in my narrow mindset a southern English voice. Another thing about Geneva is that everybody, generally, is well put together. They kind of have the style of San Francisco, only without any noticeable bums on the street. Cigarettes are advertised more than beer or alcohol and they’re not your standard KOOL or Newport ads. They are well thought through and stylish. Instead of “whoohoo! We’re at the beach and smoking is so FUN!” it’s more like, “I’m sexy, cool, and you know it, and oh yeah did you notice that I smoke Kent cigarettes?” See, I even can remember the brand because Kent’s marketing strategy scheme works so well.

As I stopped to eat after a brief check in at the hotel I once again encountered a glimmer of the south, Elvis. The pub had over the speakers one of his songs.

I can’t write fast enough. This is wrong, but I saw this lady and she was thin and proportionate, but then BOING! Out of no where came her magnificent booty!
What a great Geneva welcome.

[ dealing with jet lag]

I feel not so much like a zombie but someone who is wearing a heavy soft blanket.

A minor tragedy about food arrived the next morning when I tried to find a decent place to eat a real breakfeast with bacon, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Every place that I stopped at to see their menus or food just had pastries or just croissants. So I noticed that everybody else around me just drank coffee and croissants. What is that about?

No comments: