Friday, August 25, 2006

dirty laundry


June 12th



Today was an easy Monday except that I forgot that prayer was at 8:45 so I took my time brushing my teeth and rinsing my hair when I realized that it wasreally quiet on the second floor. Karryn, who lives in Chesalet spoke about prayer from this book. I watched people fall asleep. My study time went well but I’m still wrestling with the cigarette thing. I didn’t see or expect it to happen. That’s the whole thing, I think that if I was a little more prepared for the situation then it probably wouldn’t have happened. So we had Chili at Richard and Karen’s. It had some oates or barley instead of meat, which was nice. We talked about Christ’s claim to be God and then it got into a tangent about grace and someone thought that even Grace requires works (that was crazy).
After lunch I read on the deck and then began laundry for my work duty. Laundry is fun, except I don’t like dealing with the underwear, especially the thongs. Who needs to wear a thong at L’Abri? (Seriously,ladies, why?) Does any guy care? They probably don’t or maybe they do. If they do care they’re probably at L’abri for the wrong reasons. But I get to listen to music and sing along because no one is around. The sky right now is turning light purple and pink. So yeah, laundry went well, although a lot of people need to pick up their sox, the bin is full.

No comments: