Friday, August 18, 2006

sovereignty

June 3rd

Shaeffer’s tape on Sovereignty was a lot to process. Here’s just a few paraphrases from the tape.

The Christian system begins at a single point, the existence of a personal, infinite God.
God alone as infinite, and nothing which is finite can exhaust that infinity.
If the finite creature (or man) could at any point exhaust the infinity of God immediately Christianity would not be true. He will never exhaust the person of God himself.

The morning was probably the first that I’ve had in a while were I thought, “I’m going to tackle today, I want to make the most of today.” While the rest of the day wasn’t with the same degree of enthusiasm I wass exited that it started that way. Muesele was served for breakfast today and it is really good. It’s a combo of oats, apples, peaches, and yogurt. It looks a little like Tuna Salad, but it’s definitely not.
Study time went well and I listened to a sovereignty tape by Shaeffer. At one point Shaeffer told someone to wake up (just as I was dozing off) and he said, “Wake up! I’m not just saying words,” It was interesting. Dinner involved really garlicky mashed potatoes with rolls (reall good ones) and baked veggies with salad. Some people wanted to go to this wine festival in the nearby town after dinner. I just didn’t want to go over there for just an hour because by the time we left after dinner there wouldn’t be much time left. I did dish crew instead. I was a little behind with my devos so I went and prayed down at a spot down the road above L’abri. This swiss guy walked by an I said, “Bonswa! (good evening!).” I think I scared him because he didn’t notice that I was there. I finished all of my devos and I feel like I was able to get a few things off of my chest (in prayer). I came back (to the chalet) and shot a few hoops with Josh and Arne. I took my last shower of the week, which was actually a bath. This time I was my hair. It had been about 3 weeks. It feels SOO GOOD.

No comments: