Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Another Food Mishap


May 7th


So I was really hungry and eventually I found a place with alright looking Italian food. I ordered the pizza de something and thought, “yeah, it’ll be good because salami is on it.” So she brings it out and it has a freaking raw egg in the middle of it. What’s that about? Why do Italians put a raw egg in the middle of this type of pizza? It was gross looking, but I didn’t care because I was so hungry. I avoided the yolk and eventually it popped (gross). She charged me 25 CHF ($20) which I thought was a little high. I still can’t get over the fact that the tip is included in Switzerland, but I still felt bad leaving a 0.25 CHF tip.

I soon got over the not tip policy and it will be an adjustment to tip again.
Thai food is great. The bring together some good tastes that you don’t find in the Chinese food. The pre-meal hunger inspired some bizarre figures and a poem.

Thai food
Se vu pla
But I
Still can’t
Say “hey.”
It smells of smoke
And French women hack
Through words
Like a saw
sawing through
a giant waifer.
Water arrives
On the table
Yet I’m unable
To make
Sense of this
Moment
Thai food
Se vu pla

No comments: