Monday, May 01, 2006

the 'weekend'


What was last weekend? I guess it was uneventful, but important non the less. It looks wierd when I type that out, but I'm sure that's the idiom that I meant. My friend and his girlfriend came by for dinner on Sunday, that was nice. OH yeah, how could I forget thursday evening. It's wasn't technically the weekend but it served the purpose just fine for that moment, unplug from your obligations. I hadn't been to the High Tone in a long time and it was nice to see some of my friends and psuedo-friends. I think I have too many pseudo friends, but I'm working on it. Anyway, the evening was great and Gina, Jen, and I headed over to the current day diner, Perkins. I say current day because modern doesn't fit the context. Modern was fifty years ago, and I don't think you can still say post modern becuase that's vague. 2023 could be considered Post Modern but it definately in the same era as 06. Back to perkins. We were having a good time until this jerk interuppted our conversation and let's just say that it was a huge time robbery. I mean the got broke into our proverbial time banks and took all of it. I was really torn inside because Jen and Gina felt that it was important to be a good witness to him however, the conversation (if you want to call it that) was one sided. Anyway, the incident was a great example of what not to do. I went through the details with my thoroughly knowledgeable parents and we went through the solutions for avoiding any such future bizmals. Saturday was spent in the realm of study and I didn't go out, but that wasn't a big deal, really.

No comments: