Wednesday, May 17, 2006

settling

My time in Geneva was a learining experience. The town is beautiful, but trying to find a decent breakfast was really tricky. Talking with new friends, Ondrea and Al was nice, especially since I could carry on a conversation with them beyond, "hello" and "thank you."

My train ride over to Aigle was breath taking, even though the mountain was shrowed in mist (if you know how to spell that please let me know. The cold weather on the day of my arrival really threw me off. The Chalet is beautiful and like all the other homes here it has so much personality. I just couldn't get over what someone said, "we are walking in the steps of Giants" reffering to the work of Francis and Edith Shaefer. I met several interesting and diverse people so far. The resources are out of control too. The library has so many offerings. The chalet is very old and it reminds me of bieng out at the millers, years ago: the smells, the sounds, and the feel of the place. The sky has been an absolute wall of white most of the time, but last thursday I saw out the window from my bunk the peaks!

It was beautiful. It's already the second week and I've already worn that word out. Seeing the mountain tops was a combination of the joy you get at christmas morning and the nervousness of a first date.

No comments: