Wednesday, May 03, 2006

the close of the semester



The transitional phase of the semester and preparation for my trip is fading. My semester officially ended yesterday at twelve and I should have ran out screaming, "It's Over, It's Over!" but I was more in a savoring mood. I wanted to slowly record the details of my departure from the "history building" a drab reminant of the fifties or sixties with greasy floors and minimal decor. It was my last gen ed class ever. If I score above a sixty I will pass the course, which I will most likely do, God Willing. The question that I will be curious to know the answer of will be how well I will pass. The professor put a few crummy questions on the final. The questions were on the obscure side, but the essay part went well.
At the end of the day yesterday was the Senior Graphic Design show. It was a little tight in the gallery, but some of the work was really interesting. Each senior presented some type of 'business' and then they designed the 'look' of the business. One girl did a business plan for fossil, another guy did some screened t-shirts, and then this other guy did skateboards. Overall the show looked good, it's just such a shame that it had to be in the small 'jones' gallery. I'm actually going to another senior presentation in a few minutes. It's in the same gallery because we have to share with the other departments.
It's a bummer but at least we have a gallery.

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

jones hall needs some seriuos updates.